June 8-9, 2013
Take part in the 7th Annual Caching Riding Mountain GPS Adventure Quest and discover the people, places and heritage of the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve and its core area, Riding Mountain National Park. Travel through the 15,000 square kilometers of the Biosphere Reserve locating over 50 caches that have been placed by communities, individuals and businesses for this specific event.
Caching Riding Mountain GPS Adventure Quest
Cache types range from traditional to virtual to commercial to activity, with points assigned to each depending upon their distance from the start location, difficulty and tasks involved. It is up to each caching team to decide where they want to go, how many caches they will go after, and in what order. Prizes will be awarded to those teams who collect the most points and make it back to the check-in area within the 26 hours allotted.
Starting point / Ending point:
(just south of Park Gates)
Who Can Participate?
This Geocaching Adventure Quest is open to all novice and experienced geocachers. All ages can participate, but those 16 and younger must have a guardian over the age of 21 on your team. Registration forms and entry fees must be received before June 3rd, 2013.
PDF REGISTRATION FORM
What Is The Cost?
What Does Each Team Need to Provide?
- $60.00 for Novice teams (includes GPS rental for the event).
- $50.00 for Experienced teams (using personal GPS unit).
- Teams can have 2 – 8 participants in a vehicle. If your team is larger than what you can legally hold in your vehicle (up to a maximum of 8), than you must form another team.
- Registration fees includes:” GPS basics” workshop on June 9; pancake breakfast; and wrap-up barbeque for all registered teams.
How To Win:
- Vehicle and gas
- Your own tent, camper, accommodations, etc
- Spending money for the GPS Adventure Quest (to cover meals, gas, accommodations, etc)
For more information on this event, please contact:
- Teams will be ranked according to the total number of points collected from the caches within the 26 hour GPS Adventures Quest.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams that have collected the most points.
- Additional prize draws will be made for all teams that have participated.
- Each cache has a point value assigned depending on distance, difficulty and tasks involved.
Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve
Chief Administrative Officer
Friends of Riding Mountain National Park
PDF REGISTRATION FORM
Schedule of Events
June 8, 2013
||GPS Basics Lesson (for novice geocachers)
||Pancake Breakfast for all competing teams
||START - GPS Adventure Quest
June 9, 2013
|12:00pm - 2:00pm
||END - Team Check-in
||Barbeque Wrap-up for all teams & awarding of prizes
[ all CRM Events list ]
Friends of Riding Mountain National Park - friendsofridingmountain.com
Riding Mountain National Park - Parks Canada
Wasagaming Chamber of Commerce - DiscoverClearLake.com
| WASAGAMING: 100 km (60 mi) North of Brandon off Hwy 10|
| Canada Day in the Park|
photo by: Cam Heming
| photo by: Paul Faffray (edited)|